Analytical Cornerstone 4.0 Competitive Cost Tool
Providing accurate estimates of comparative mill and machine competitiveness in the forest products industry
For over 15 years, forest products industry professionals have turned to RISI's cost benchmarking data for the most accurate estimates of comparative mill and machine competitiveness. Using their firsthand knowledge of the industry, RISI's unmatched, global network of engineers, analysts, economists and editors collect detailed mill data covering all major grades and world regions. This data, when combined with a completely transparent methodology and a new, intuitive online platform makes RISI's cost benchmarking service the most powerful available.
Leveraging RISI's Powerful Cost Benchmarking Service
You can choose to use RISI's benchmarking data alone or combine it with your own data to quickly and easily generate complex financial reports and graphs, including:
- "What if" Scenarios: build customized reports, cost curves and graphs by changing RISI's market data to reflect market changes you provide, allowing you to measure how potential market or mill-level changes will have an impact on your bottom line.
- Cash Cost Reports: compare manufacturing costs across machines and mills in regional markets. Analyze which mills are low cost producers and which are at highest risk of closure due to cost structure vulnerabilities.
- Capital Charge Reports: view capacity values, capital expenditure figures and book values for individual machines at specific mills. Better understand how capital investments impact the profitability of mills in regional markets.
- Financial Simulations: work with all cost variables, as well as the price of finished products, to gain a more complete understanding of mill and machine profitability. Quickly and easily understand the cost drivers of specific mills and machines and their relative success in the marketplace.
- Total Cost Reports: create reports that include all mill costs: Capital Costs, SG&A Costs, and Cash Costs. Produce a total cost picture that illustrates how mills and machines compare with others producing the same products. Use these reports to determine the profitability of specific mills and machines in regional markets.
- EBITDA Reports: analyze cash earnings of mills in regional markets and/or producing specific products; use this information to understand the operating cash flow of each mill compared with its competitors.
- Mill Investment Summary: view nearly all capital investments made within the last 20 years by various mills operating around the globe.
Learn more about how pulp, paper and wood products producers, suppliers to the forest products industry, financial institutions and packaging, paper and wood products buyers are using this valuable tool.
Complete the form below to have a RISI representative contact you.