RISI is a business intelligence firm supporting the needs of the global forest products industry. Our services have a long reputation for being the most comprehensive and reliable of their kind. Our information covers all aspects of the forest product value chain. It is used by pulp and paper producers, financial companies, consumer products companies and others to make the best strategic and tactical decisions for their businesses.
We are seeking a positive, proactive, and results-driven marketing manager for our international product and service portfolio. The marketing manager will plan, implement and report on marketing programs that generate leads for our subscription-based products.
This key position reports to the Vice President of Marketing. It works closely with business unit leaders; as well as with internal Sales, Events Ops, Design, IT, and Customer Service teams.
- Become an expert on the services assigned to you.
- Work with the VP of Marketing to create product/service marketing plans, strategies and budgets based on priorities set by the business leader.
- As part of that strategy, conceive, plan and execute multi-effort campaigns that include: email, social media, direct mail, telemarketing, paid search and other types of promotion to drive leads for the global sales team.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to measure results – monitor campaigns for effectiveness and revenue generated. Make adjustments accordingly.
- Manage, test and improve evergreen marketing materials.
- Write engaging and effective value-based content.
- Identify opportunities and develop marketing lists from existing customer database and work to acquire new lists.
- Carry out market and customer research, to support business needs.
- Manage budget, invoices and costs.
- 4-6 years direct marketing experience.
- Experience in marketing tactics including:
- Demand/lead generation including: marketing automation platforms (e.g. Act-On, Marketo, Eloqua), developing nurture campaigns and lead scoring.
- Inbound marketing techniques.
- List acquisition
- SEM, SEO
- Direct mail
- Solid copywriting and proofreading skills void of jargon and irrelevant “marketing-ese”.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to track and interpret results to ensure constant improvement.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage schedules and multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or equivalent.
- Experience with B2B marketing technical and/or industrial products is preferred.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, team-orientated environment
- Tuition assistance
- Casual dress work environment
- Generous vacation and personal time off
- Excellent benefits that include
- Health, dental and vision insurances
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
Please submit a cover letter, writing samples, marketing campaign examples and resume to email@example.com. Due to the expected high volume of resumes received for this position, only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest. RISI, Inc. is an EOE.
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Our clients — 95% of the world’s leading forest products companies, as well as industry suppliers, financial institutions and consumer products companies — use our market data, forecasts and analysis to make better decisions that enable their organizations to grow.
With offices in Boston, Brussels, Atlanta, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and São Paulo, we have a truly international focus. We’re small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of seasoned professionals to learn from – many of whom are recognized as leading authorities in their fields.
We’re a great mix of stability and dynamism. Our oldest product has been published for more than 100 years. On the other hand, one of our keys to success is that we use information technology aggressively to fundamentally improve the value of our information to our customers. We’re in growth mode. Thirty percent of our sales come from outside North America, and we’re looking for that percentage to grow. We are looking for talented, dedicated people who can help us continue to build on our long-term success while remaining entrepreneurial and responsive to our customers.