At Canfor Pulp Limited Partnership (CPLP), we offer unlimited opportunities for career growth. Proud of our quality products, safe and efficient operations, commitment to the environment and our support of each other, we're ready for you to find your unlimited potential.
Paper Machine Specialist, Specialty Paper
Help ensure the safe & optimized operation of our paper machine
Prince George, BC
Applying your strong initiative and organization skills and a team-oriented approach, you will report to the Team Leader, Specialty Paper as you:
- develop crew-training programs, including safe work and standard operating procedures
- assist in the planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities, including annual maintenance outages
- troubleshoot systems to maintain optimal performance on quality parameters
- ensure all environmental systems are operating within permit levels
- assist in the development of annual budgets and long-term project scopes
- manage capital projects within the specialty paper department
- communicate with sales as an integral member of the paper product development team to match market demands with paper machine capabilities, equipment and grade structure.
You've combined your extensive experience with the paper-making process with relevant post-secondary technical education and strong leadership skills in safety, environmental compliance, business improvement and performance management. A skilled team builder, you are also equipped with effective interpersonal, communication and oral presentation abilities and, ideally, solid analytical and problem-solving skills with the flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions.
Guided by innovative and astute leadership, CPLP is the leading producer of fully bleached, high performance Kraft paper, and the second largest North American and fourth largest global producer of market NBSK pulp. CPLP includes the Northwood Pulp Mill, the Prince George Pulp and Paper Mill, the Intercontinental Pulp Mill and the Pulp and Paper Marketing Group in Vancouver.
Our industry position is strong and we're poised for long-term sustained growth for the future. If you would like to join us, consider this opportunity.
Prince George, with a warm and welcoming community of 82,000, boasts year-round recreational opportunities, its own university, affordable housing and an attractive lifestyle for you and your family-visit http://www.workprincegeorge.ca/ for more information.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CPLP; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your résumé, in confidence, by 4 pm, Friday, November 2, 2012 to:
Canfor Pulp Limited Partnership
c/o CPLP Careers
P.O. Box 9000
Prince George, BC V2L 4W2