Make a bold move, for the career you've always wanted. Where your skills are valued and goals supported. And where a balanced lifestyle comes naturally.
Operations Specialist, Stock Preparation and Bleaching
Provide technical input and informed guidance for the optimized production of our high quality product
Powell River, BC
Producer of some of the world's most environmentally responsible paper and pulp, and the largest producer of specialty printing papers and newsprint in western North America, Catalyst is valued by its customers around the globe for its competitiveness, innovation and sustainable practices.
Reporting to the manager of technical services, you will support all aspects of the stock preparation and bleaching areas. As you execute the technical aspects of your role, you will focus on equipping operators with the knowledge and tools they need to do their jobs well. You will also be responsible for developing a highly engaged team that's fully involved and thoroughly invested in producing a high quality product.
Specifically, you will:
- provide timely communication of equipment maintenance requirements
- maintain lock-out and confined space procedures
- maintain operator technical training materials
- ensure daily operating plans are communicated and executed
- direct crew activities on maintenance down days
- provide troubleshooting expertise
- identify and implement cost saving opportunities
- provide guidance and mentorship for entry-level engineers
- optimize manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives.
Highly self-motivated yet team-focused-and a great communicator-you relish the opportunity to train and develop the knowledge and skills of those you work with. A talented and organized problem solver, you're adept at leading change that results in greater commitment to safe work practices and a renewed customer and quality focus. If you have operational experience in a manufacturing environment or an engineering and technical background, so much the better.
Based on BC's west coast, our employees enjoy challenging careers and a relaxed pace of life close to pristine beaches and mountains, in one of Canada's mildest climates. You can expect a competitive benefit and salary package when you work with us, along with the chance to advance your skills, experience and knowledge within a supportive peer environment. Your unique skills, talents and life experience will find a good home here.
If you would like to join us for a strong future together, and you meet the requirements above, please apply without delay at www.catalystpaper.com/careers.