Northwoods Paper Converting, Inc. (NPC) is Midwest leading contract converter. In 2012, we expanded and opened a second plant in East Stroudsburg, PA. Over the years, NPC has outpaced its peers by exceeding our customers' expectations every time, creating long-term customer relationships, quality, safety and encouraging/rewarding employee excellence.
NPC was founded in WI in 1999. Since then, the company has expanded 9 times in WI and most recently PA. NPC - Midwest has 120 employees and NPC - East has 35 employees. NPC is in the process of firming up some new customers, which will increase sales and create another expansion in both the Midwest and East Coast, with the potential of future locations nationwide.
NPC's Plant Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all manufacturing operations and support functions. This individual is responsible for achieving and maintaining the lowest possible costs of operations and optimum profit levels consistent with customer requirements, company policies, effective employee relations including safety and various governmental regulations. The Plant Manager will be responsible and accountable to the Company Presidentand/or Corporate Operations Manager for the fulfillment of the plant objectives. Effective communications across a broad range of functional areas is required.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Effectively manages all production and support functions at the plant to ensure prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies, and timely delivery of finished products to customers that meet or exceed quality specifications and requirements.
2. Guides management staff in establishment of shift standards and operating schedules.
3. Monitors and appraises regularly and systematically the effectiveness of plant operations, including responsiveness to sales requirements and effectiveness of equipment utilization, to ascertain that full advantage is taken of all opportunities to further the objectives of the plant.
4. Monitors raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods inventories and ensures conformance with prescribed levels.
5. Keeps abreast of new production techniques and processes and machinery developments and recommends to the Company President and/or Corporate Operations Manager changes to improve quality, efficiency and overall profitability of plant operations.
6. Maintains proper relationships with Customer Relations department to clarify technical details of production and to ensure efficient order entry, manufacture and delivery of finished products to meet customer requirements.
7. Reviews customer complaints and ensures proper disposition and remedial actions are taken appropriate to plant operations; may have direct contact with customers on complaints and service matters.
Education/ Experience Request:
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a fast pace paper manufacturing environment
- Previous management experience in a paper converting facility is a plus
- Experience with plant organization and layout, material flows, and process design
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Processes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to understand and apply corporate policies and procedures
- Attention to detail a must
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact in person or otherwise with management, other employees, and external or internal customers or service providers
- Must have a very good knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Strong Leadership / Coaching ability
- Strong understanding of converting & warehousing production equipment
- Strong people skills for managing and motivating employees
To apply, please send resumes to Kimberlee Abel at any of the following:
PO Box 638
Beaver Dam, WI
NPC and team are committed to exceeding our customers' expectations: The Way You Want It! When You Want It! Every Time!
Northwoods Paper Converting is an Equal Opportunity Employer