Sierra Pacific Industries is currently recurring for a Manager of Structural Lumber Sales position.
This is a management position that involves growing the Company's business through existing products and services and identifying future products and customers. The position is responsible for developing and managing sales activities relating to structural products manufactured and sold by Sierra Pacific Industries. The Sales Manager serves as a key driver for development of Sierra Pacific Industries as the supplier of choice in the wood products industry. The successful candidate must demonstrate respect, integrity and ethical standards consistent with Company philosophy.
- Determine, define, and execute strategy going to market with the Company's products.
- Drive sales and marketing programs to improve profitability and growth.
- Develop sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicate value proposition to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary.
- Make ultimate decisions on pricing and sales.
- Manage structural products strategies with a strong customer focus.
- Manage demand planning by providing input to sales, inventory, and operations managers.
- Develop sales objectives, effectively communicating strategies with the sales team, and manage the effectiveness of those objectives in line with company goals.
- Assess, manage, and develop the sales team to ensure individual, team and business results are achieved.
- Create an environment that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership around the development of new and existing product lines.
- Develop and maintain new programs and events that drive sales.
- Work collaboratively with other managers to meet the needs of our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, manufacturing, or similar field is preferred.
- 5 years experience in softwood lumber sales and marketing, and/or manufacturing.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of lumber manufacturing.
- Demonstrated history of leading, organizing, and motivating a sales team.
- Proven ability to penetrate and develop new markets.
- A strong track record of significant contributions to the development of marketing strategies and tactics.
- A solid knowledge customer management, sales support, product pricing, inventory management, distribution and transportation methods.
- Interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Competence with computer software and technology that supports sales objectives, including Excel.
- Ability to set, prioritize, meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management.
- Ability, willingness, and enjoyment of travel both domestically and internationally.
To apply, please send resumes to Paul Niemer at firstname.lastname@example.org