New-Indy Containerboard is currently recruiting for a Shift Supervisor. The applicant is responsible for meeting production requirements at the Ontario Mill. Directs the activities of the production employees on shift to safely maximize quality, production at the lowest possible cost while sustaining the continuity of operations with the minimum of down time.
Job Description :
- Leads mill production technicians serving as a coach in meeting mill goals of safety, production, quality and on-grade up time
- Responsible for shift safety activities to include orientation and training, housekeeping, daily tool box talks, employee one-on-ones, etc.
- Works with crews and shift maintenance personnel to perform root cause failure analysis for paper breaks and mechanical failures
- Responsible for the shift training. Assess individual training needs and plans training for shift personnel.
- Sets employee performance expectation and evaluates employee performance. Corrects performance deficiencies.
- Plans employee work schedules to meet production needs.
- Works with production manager to plan and execute mill maintenance shut downs.
- Maintains equipment through assuring equipment basic care rounds are completed and operator maintenance is performed as required
- Assists employees in gathering and analyzing data used in continuous improvement efforts.
- Champions employees to continually look for ways of improving processes and communicates needs with managers.
- Explains and enforces policies.
- Works with employees to resolves issues or complaints; communicates employee concerns with Production and Human Resources Manager.
- Resolves work problems by involving team members in problem solving techniques.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, and at least 2-5 years experience in recycled paper manufacturing.
To apply, please send resumes to: Yesenia.firstname.lastname@example.org