Guidelines for Participating in RISI Forums
HAVE YOUR SAY! Our new interactsive message boards allow RISI readers to comment on articles and post feedback. At the end of each article you will find a comment box where you can let us know what you think of an article and discuss this with other industry colleagues. You need to register to post com
Our aim is to ensure that the RISI community website is inclusive and safe, as well as being a platform for discussion within the forest products industry. We want RISI to be the place on the net where you will always find lively, entertaining and, above all, intelligent discussions.
Below are some guidelines we would like you to be aware of, and which we expect all participants in the community areas of RISI to follow:
- Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider their impact when making your contribution. We actively discourage obscenity and mindless abuse. Personal attacks on other users or authors have no place in an intelligent discussion.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or content that could be interpreted as such.
- We appreciate that we have an international audience, but since we publish content in English, the language of conversation on the site should also be English. As such, contributions that cannot be understood by the majority of participants may be removed.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or which is posted in potential breach of copyright.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like.
- The platform is ours, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want this to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and we expect participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems.
RISI is not responsible for the content within the Forums on our website. The RISI web and editorial teams monitor the content on a regular basis and will help to moderate discussions and remove any offensive postings. We reserve the right to take steps or implement measures which we think will benefit the whole RISI online community.
If you have suggestions or questions about any aspect of the RISI website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org