2010 Wood Biomass Policy Review
RISI's 2010 Wood Biomass Policy Review provides a concise review and analysis of the policy drivers
influencing development of the biomass energy sector in the US and Europe. This Report will provide a profile of the
renewable energy sectors in the US and Europe, a review of the evolution of renewable energy policies, will reveal
"lessons learned" and provide insight as to how biomass energy is likely to develop in the future.
The 2010 Wood Biomass Policy Review provides:
- A comprehensive and balanced review of renewable energy policies in Europe, and their likely impact in driving demand for wood pellets and/or woodchips imported from the United States.
- A detailed energy profile for the U.S. and Europe, which places the demand for woody biomass energy in context of their overall energy sectors and other competing renewable energy forms.
- A thorough review of existing and pending federal and state regulations and support mechanisms in the U.S., which are driving the development of biomass energy in the country.
- An analysis of the likely impacts of government policies in the US and Europe on biomass industry development; underlying policy objectives and how these will impact future changes in the sector; expected outcomes - the likely "winners and losers"; and expected trends in biomass wood demand.
Who should purchase RISI's 2010 Wood Biomass Policy Review?
- Major forest owners seeking to understand the long-term demand for woody biomass energy, how quickly it will develop and how sustainable it will be.
- Pulp and Paper companies, looking at competition for fiber and/or possible opportunities for expanding energy production.
- Equipment suppliers, wanting perspective on the demand for specialized harvesting equipment, chippers, trucks, pelletizing equipment, etc.
- Power companies developing or considering biomass power facilities.
- Companies involved in developing large wood pellet plants (for export).
- Banks, hedge funds, and other investors needing perspective on biomass energy development and the risks involved.
- Transport companies - both rail companies looking at transporting pellets, chips, biomass for energy within the US and shipping companies looking to transport chips/pellets to Europe
For more information, or to order please fill out the form below:
*RISI respects your privacy and will not share your information with anyone.
Price: Print Copy: US $ 2,500
To learn more about RISI's Timber and Woodfiber analysis products, click here .