20th EDITION: The most comprehensive review and forecast of international trade in woodchips for the pulp, MDF and biomass industries. The International Pulpwood Trade Review has long been the standard for those in the business of international trade of woodchips, pulplogs and biomass fiber. This annual report examines the markets for globally traded pulpwood fiber and the pulpwood resources for domestic and export supply in more than 35 countries. This study also includes data on specialized woodchip carriers, examines the international market for biomass wood fiber and provides projections for the Asian woodchip markets in 2012-2017.
Woodchip trade in the Pacific Rim hit a new record volume in 2012, for the third year in a row- will this trend continue?
Turkey is the primary destination for woodchip exports in the Atlantic Region, but not for pulp production.
Roller-coaster Softwood chip prices heading lower again: will this attract greater demand?
Southeast Asian countries supplied 56% of hardwood chips for Pacific markets in 2012.
Chile's exports are mostly globulus, and 43% from Japanese companies in 2012.
Aggressive scrapping has greatly reduced the size of the woodchip carrier fleet in early 2013?
2013 International Pulpwood Trade Review Includes:
- Detailed Information on Changes to Export Woodchip and Biomass Supply
- Woodchip export volumes by supplier, port, species and customer
- Resource trends and competition for export supply
- Forecast of the Pacific Rim woodchip trade through 2017
- Wood Pellet Exports by Port and Supplier in North America
- Detailed Information on Changes to Global Demand
- Analysis of pulplog and woodchip import markets, including the Pacific Rim and Atlantic region markets
- Focus on the explosive growth in Chinese woodchip demand
- Import volumes by species and source
- Price trends and forecasts for benchmark woodchip species in the key Japanese market
- Updated Analysis of International Trade in Biomass Chips and Pellets
- Direct Contact Details for Woodchip and Pulp log Suppliers and Buyers in the Pacific and Atlantic Markets
- Profiles of more than 70 woodchip export facilities
- A Complete List of Woodchip Carriers by Age, Size, Owner and Charterer Global fiber trade forecast 2012-2017
- Monthly updates on Asian woodchip markets
- Covering woodchip markets in China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea
- Volumes in average unit value (CIF price- delivered to port)
- By source country
- By hardwood vs. softwood
- Summary Table
The International Pulpwood Trade Review has become an essential tool for:
- Operators of existing tree farms and new plantations
- Woodchip and Biomass Importers and Exporters
- Pulp and Wood-based Panel Producers and Biomass Consumers
- Transport and shipping companies