About Fastmarkets RISI
Fastmarkets RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Our clients — 95% of the world’s leading forest products companies, as well as industry suppliers, financial institutions and consumer products companies — use our market data, forecasts and analysis to make better decisions that enable their organizations to grow.
With offices in Boston, Brussels, Atlanta, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and São Paulo, we have a truly international focus. With 150 employees, we’re small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of seasoned professionals to learn from – many of whom are recognized as leading authorities in their fields.
We are looking for talented, dedicated people who can help us continue to build on our long-term success while remaining entrepreneurial and responsive to our customers.
About the Role
The Inside Sales Representative plays a key role in renewing, selling and supporting our events and marketing services products. Our clients include forest products companies, consumer products companies, mill suppliers and financial institutions. This position is crucial to the continued growth of Fastmarkets RISI events business. Measured success will be rewarded with a competitive salary and uncapped commission.
The ISR will:
- Work by phone and e-mail and will split their time between proactive selling and post sales support.
- Prospect new customers and contact existing customers to assist with renewing and upgrading their services and subscriptions.
- Participate in special calling campaigns, such as selling new editions of annual reports, market research, usage campaigns and follow-ups on incoming sales leads.
- Effectively execute sales calls using top-notch phone closing skills.
- Plan and organize opportunities and follow-ups.
- Use Salesforce to track progress and results.
- 1-2 years inside sales, telemarketing or customer service experience in a high volume environment
- Ability to connect with customers over the phone to successfully close new business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional phone demeanor
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- B2B experience a plus
- Desired education is a Bachelor’s degree or comparable