Marketing Manager - Europe
Help generate demand for our subscription-based products among our European audience.
Fastmarkets is the leading price reporting, analytics and events organization for the global forest products, metals, and industrial minerals markets. Our forest products business is looking for an experienced marketing professional to help drive business in Europe. Fastmarkets RISI and Fastmarkets FOEX have a long reputation for being the most comprehensive and reliable of their kind. Our information covers all aspects of the forest product value chain and beyond. Pulp and paper producers, financial companies, and consumer products companies rely our data and insights to make the best strategic and tactical decisions for their businesses.
Job Description: We are seeking a positive, proactive, and results-driven marketing manager for our international product and service portfolio. The marketing manager will plan, implement and report on marketing programs and high quality content aimed at generating demand for our subscription-based products and have a strong focus in supporting our European marketing and sales objectives. This role is ideally positioned in our Brussels office – an international setting with over 20+ colleagues representing 10+ nationalities. The role reports to the Vice President of Marketing for forest products who sits in Boston, USA. The marketing manager will collaborate closely with external and internal partners in sales, editorial, research, events, operations, design, IT, and customer service. Candidates must be willing and able to work effectively at strategic and tactical levels and demonstrate a strong ability to prioritize and execute.
- Create product/service marketing plans, strategies and budgets to help drive business in Europe based on corporate and marketing initiatives.
- As part of that strategy, conceive, plan and execute multi-channel campaigns for demand generation that include: email, social media, direct mail, telemarketing, paid search and other types of promotion to drive leads for the sales team.
- Work with price reporters, editors and economists to produce engaging and effective value-based content including market reports, webinars, and infographics that resonate with our European audiences.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place to measure results – monitor campaigns for effectiveness and revenue generated. Make adjustments accordingly.
- Increase retention rates and expand the user counts and products used by existing accounts by designing cross sell and upsell campaigns as well as co-marketing efforts.
- Interview and work with sales team to better understand what makes a qualified lead then optimize campaigns to deliver increasingly better results.
- Develop relationships with industry associations and other groups in order to build awareness of the Fastmarkets brand, create and disseminate relevant content to new audiences and expand our marketable lists
- Manage existing industry relationships; this includes the upkeep of 30+ barter contracts per year
- Support industry barter events and RISI events per year with online and offline marketing materials and manage company/product presence for each;
- Carry out market and customer research to support business needs.
- Become an expert on the services assigned to you.
- Manage, test and improve evergreen marketing materials.
- Manage budget, invoices and costs.
- Must have native level spoken and written English. Writing assessment will be required prior to consideration.
- 4-6 years marketing experience. Experience with B2B marketing in a subscription-based, information services business is preferred.
- Experience in marketing tactics including:
- Experience with content marketing, value-based marketing and Account-based marketing techniques.
- Inbound marketing techniques.
- Demand/lead generation including: marketing automation platforms (e.g. Act-On, Marketo, Eloqua), developing nurture campaigns and lead scoring.
- Email marketing
- SEM, SEO
- Solid copywriting and proofreading skills void of jargon and irrelevant “marketing-ese”.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to track and interpret results to ensure constant improvement.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage schedules and multiple projects.
International work environment, pleasant office in central Brussels, comprehensive pension and health care plans, company bonus plan. The position includes some travel opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter, writing samples, marketing campaign examples and resume at https://careers-euromoney.icims.com/jobs/9353/marketing-manager/job. Due to the expected high volume of resumes received for this position, only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Belgium. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest. RISI, Inc. is an EOE.