Fastmarkets RISI, the leading provider of price reporting and analytics information to the global forest products industry, has a unique opportunity for an experienced packaging procurement professional.
In this role, you will drive the customer experience for users of Fastmarkets packaging industry pricing data, forecasting, and product cost-benchmarking services. You will use your accumulated knowledge of both packaging products/ markets and procurement practices to translate Fastmarkets RISI information into actionable strategic content for our clients. The position will play a critical role in creating increased value for our customers, especially those in paperboard-based packaging supply chains.
Location: Fastmarkets offices in Bedford, MA
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Partner with Fastmarkets RISI sales organization to position our packaging content for highest-value use among our procurement and spend management end-users.
- Provide specialized consultative service and relationship building through peer-peer advisement on topics with significant industry impact for supply chain, packaging, and procurement professionals.
- Develop and manage additional Fastmarkets RISI content and services that leverage existing packaging practice areas and increase sector coverage and customer engagement.
- Found/ lead industry networking groups to facilitate knowledge and best practice sharing among core packaging product users.
Target candidate criteria:
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering with additional business education or BS in finance, procurement, or supply chain management. Other degrees along with knowledge gained by working in field may also be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data-driven procurement, supply chain, or packaging optimization roles with experience in corrugated, folding carton, and flexible packaging
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), developing product cost and price scenario analysis models, and use/ design of online content and services
- Strong self-starter with excellent written and presentation skills
- Experience leading and communicating with a diverse set of internal and external customers