Production Specialist - Desktop Publishing
Fastmarkets is seeking an entry-level Production Specialist – Desktop Publishing to work out of our Eugene, OR, office, to lay out and produce high-quality newsletters, directories, books, data and other products for our thriving Forest Products division.
The successful candidate will also be part of a global newsdesk working across a range of products and markets, producing visually compelling content that underpins Fastmarkets’ strategy to be the world’s leading commodities data PRA.
Fastmarkets encompasses the historic brands of Metal Bulletin, American Metal Market, RISI, FOEX, Random Lengths, Agricensus and The Jacobsen. These storied brands, the oldest dating back to 1874, are leading names in commodity pricing in the global metals, mining, agriculturals and forest product markets.
Building on your track record in delivering first-rate production work, ideally in fast-paced news environments, you will quickly come to understand and meet the creative needs of Fastmarkets’ Forest Products division while also collaborating more broadly on key initiatives.
You will use brand-appropriate design to deliver our leading intelligence and insight, helping our clients quickly and clearly understand the complex characteristics of their markets, and empowering them to make their next business decision with confidence.
What we offer:
- Take your next steps on a fulfilling career path in production with room for professional growth
- Receive training, coaching and mentorship in all aspects of production, and the crucial role you can play in delivering on our strategy to our clients
- Engage with informed, passionate colleagues who will be willing to share their production and design expertise
Knowledge, experience and competencies
- You will be fully capable in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and have professional design and page layout skills, including an eye for composition, balancing page elements to guide the reader
- Using your excellent communication and organisation skills, you will be eager to contribute ideas for all areas of design, including data visualisation and information design for producing charts and graphs.
- You will have creative ability and be self-motivated to work independently
- Excellent communication and social skills, particularly in developing words into images
- Experience of working remotely as part of a team
We are looking for:
- Passion for and engagement with turning ideas into compelling images, layouts and other designs that clearly and usefully explain market trends and dynamics
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high production department, juggle multiple tasks and determine priorities with a positive attitude.
- A cool head when deadlines are looming and a problem-solving mindset to remedy any production issues
- A quick learner who can become proficient in new technologies – especially in the digital realm – as needed through hands-on experience.
- The ability to follow established procedures with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness.
- You will receive a competitive salary as well as other benefits, including paid holidays and an annual discretionary performance-related bonus.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Opportunity to participate in our wellness program
- Onsite events around engaging with our employees
- Access to linked.in learning
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefit program
- Discretionary gifted days and “early-finish Fridays”
- Fastmarkets is a considerable employer that offers respectful working environment – we offer flexible working arrangements and place a strong emphasis on a good work/life balance
- We are also an equal opportunity employer that values diversity
Please submit a cover letter and resume at Production Specialist – Desktop Publishing. Due to the expected high volume of resumes received for this position, only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest.