COVERAGE NOTE: Call for comments on North American graphic paper price assessments
OAKLAND, CA, Sept. 21, 2015 ( Fastmarkets RISI ) – Fastmarkets RISI is initiating a market consultation process regarding its North American graphic paper price assessments in PPI Pulp & Paper Week and Paper Trader.
We seek feedback from all stakeholders on our price assessments for printing/writing papers and newsprint in North America, including:
- Suggestions for changes or improvements to our price coverage.
- Comments about whether Fastmarkets RISI should rationalize overlapping price assessments in PPI Pulp & Paper Week and Paper Trader.
Please provide your response via our online consultation questionnaire at www.risi.com/graphicpaperprice. Alternatively, you may email your response to the consultation questions (listed below) to Todd Petracek at email@example.com.
This market consultation period will close as of October 19, 2015.
To provide further questions or comments, please contact:
Vice President, Markets & Compliance
Fastmarkets RISI Indices
1) Respondent information
a) Name, title, company
b) Do you comments represent your company or just your views?
2) Sources of price assessments
a) Which sources of graphic paper price assessments do you refer to? (Paper Trader, PPI Pulp & Paper Week, other sources) For which grades/basis weights?
b) Which price source is most valuable?
c) How well do you think each source captures market prices?
3) How do you use these price assessments?
4) How could Fastmarkets RISI improve its price assessments?
5) For a number of grades, Fastmarkets RISI publishes two separate price assessments: One in PPI Pulp & Paper Week, one in Paper Trader. Fastmarkets RISI is considering whether to rationalize overlapping prices, and if so, how to do so. Would you prefer to see Fastmarkets RISI continue to publish overlapping price assessments, or rationalize the overlapping assessments into a single assessment for each grade?
6) Do you have any further comments?