COVERAGE NOTE: Countdown to Crow’s, Random Lengths merger
PORTLAND, OR, March 7, 2019 (Fastmarkets RISI) – As previously announced, from the end of the first quarter 2019, Crow’s will be merged with Random Lengths into a new offering combining the strengths of both services.
This follows Fastmarkets RISI’s acquisition of Random Lengths in the summer of 2018. Following the merger, customers will receive single publications for Midweek, the online weekly lumber and panel market reports, and the weekly report.
As a reminder, Fastmarkets RISI will discontinue all Crow’s prices with the following exceptions:
- Canadian OSB delivered Calgary, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Montreal, Atlantic
- Canadian Sheathing (CSP and DFP) delivered Vancouver, Calgary/Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Maritimes. (With the merger, the Maritimes destination for Canadian Spruce and Douglas Fir plywood will be changed to Moncton, N.B. Prices for Nova Scotia, currently published in Crow’s as footnotes, will move into columns with Halifax shown as the delivery location.)
- Ponderosa Pine, 5/4, S2S MLDG 1-5/16”
- Ponderosa Pine, 6/4, S2S MLDG 1-9/16”
- Radiata Pine 6/4 Blocks & Blanks
These price series will be added to the new combined reports. All prices currently published in Random Lengths will be retained, with the exception of two OSB prices: 1/4-inch produced in Eastern Canada and 1/4-inch delivered to Toronto. These prices will be retired. A full list of these price series, including new names and price IDs, will be provided shortly.
For comments and queries, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other Crow’s Coverage Notes please see:https://www.risiinfo.com/ic/news/search#filters=&keyword=coverage+notes&fromYear=&toYear=&fromMonth=&toMonth=&start=0
For more information on Crow’s assessment methodology, please see:https://www.risiinfo.com/approach/methodology/price-assessment-methodology/