2019 PPI Awards Categories Announced
Boston, July 23, 2018 (Press Release) – RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, are pleased to announce the 2019 PPI Awards categories. As the only global pulp and paper awards that honor excellence of companies, mills, and individuals, the categories were selected to recognize above and beyond leadership, vision and innovation.
Submissions will be accepted beginning September 1, 2018. Winners will be announced at the awards dinner on March 12, 2019, in Vienna, Austria. The awards dinner will be held the second evening of the RISI European Conference.
- Resilience – Managing Risk Award – A company that has been truly innovative in its approach to loss prevention and has shown an ability to manage its property risk effectively.
- The Internet of Things & Digitalization Award – Producers who push the boundaries of data management, and most importantly use the information collected to maximum effect.
- Tissue – Innovation Award – A company who is not shows creativeness and inventiveness, but also has real-life examples of work that produces a vital product for end-users.
- Bringing Paper to Life – Marketing Campaign of the Year Award – A special campaign using high quality printings and writings graphic papers that conveys the versatile use of paper to the end user.
- International CEO of the Year Award – An outstanding individual who has set themselves apart with strategy, financial performance, and leadership qualities.
- Mill Manager Award – A top performer who has combined the intricate balance of running a mill effectively and productively, all while following stringent environmental and safety factors.
- Environmental Leadership Award – A company that has gone the extra mile to devise a mill-wide strategy to enhance its facilities to address environmental issues.
- Safety Leadership Award – A pulp or paper mill with consistent management and meritorious commitment to occupational safety and long-term performance.
- The Packaging Innovation Award – The team that has researched, designed, produced and marketed a product that demonstrably opens new markets and opportunities.
- Water Efficiency Award – A mill that has clearly reduced the need for raw water and demonstrates—either by use of the latest technology, or by working practice—it is maximizing its usage by filtering, recirculating and reusing its current water consumption.
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges who independently review the entries according to each category’s criteria. For more details on judging criteria, important deadlines, or sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.ppiawards.com.
2019 PPI Awards sponsors currently include FM Global, Voith, StepChange Consulting, and Metsä Fibre, Ahlstrom-Munksjö, and Nalco Water. Learn more about award sponsorship opportunities.
*Categories are subject to change.
About RISI (www.risi.com)
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, packaging, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue and nonwovens industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia and is a subsidiary of Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, a global business-to-business price reporting & information group (www.euromoneyplc.com).
For Press Enquiries, please contact:
Events Marketing Manager