Fastmarkets RISI has a unique and exciting opportunity to join our team and help to shape our next generation of digital products. As Product owner for Fastmarkets RISI you will be responsible for the delivery of commercially successful digital products that meet business goals and customer needs. The ideal candidate will have experience working across different business functions with excellent communication skills, the ability to influence stakeholders and development teams, and working closely and empathetically with customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Product Management and key stakeholders to help define the product vision, build the product road-map, and identify growth opportunities to create a best-in-class product offerings.
- Drive product excellence by understanding key customer needs, desires, and behaviors through market research, face-to-face meetings and user feedback sessions
- Develop a good understanding of our competitors and the overall forest product industry.
- Execute the product vision by enumerating new features and capabilities into appropriately detailed specifications and user stories so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner by maintaining, grooming, and prioritizing product feature backlog, and participate/facilitate Scrum events.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to set expectation for delivery of new functionalities and ensure successful product releases.
- Develop wireframes and documentation, including user stories and acceptance criteria to help communicate requirements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Run prototype, beta and user-group programs with early-stage features to capture feedback and maximize successful adoption.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner in a Scrum environment
- Demonstrable experience in online software and/or information product management in a B2B environment
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision and strong attention to detail
- Experience analyzing market and product insights using Google Analytics and/or Adobe Omniture a plus
- Strong user experience foundation a plus
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects and working with diverse teams
- Driven, organized, common sense, tenacity and problem-solving skills
- Desire to take ownership, be creative and pro-actively secure the objectives of the business