The clearest view of the key price and cost changes affecting your prices.
- Understand your key packaging cost drivers and how they evolve.
- Create custom indices for your specific packaging types.
- Drill down to the regions or mills from which you source or sell.
- Choose from a library of standard end-use models to use or modify.
Quickly Compare Your Price to Custom Price and Cost Indices
1. Your price evolution vs. published price index information
Index Builder will show you how the box price should have evolved relative to changes market prices. The price index is based on the market price of materials. It also includes estimates for converting, overhead, profits and other.
2. Your price evolution vs. cost index information
Index builder will show you how your box price should have evolved relative to changes in the cost to produce it. The cost index is based on the cost to produce the materials. This includes cost drivers such as fiber, energy, labor, and chemicals.
3. Compare price indices to cost indices.
Finally, Index Builder will compare your cost index and your price index to show how prices are evolving compared to costs.
Build Your Custom Index…Fast
Index Builder guides users through it simple 4-step process to create your custom indices.
- Select region or company/mill where the item is produced.
- Select key materials used (i.e. linerboard, sack paper, liquid packaging board, etc.).
- Estimate % materials cost.
- Choose a start-date.
Index Library Pre-Loaded Models
Leverage RISI’s library of pre-loaded models configured by expert consultants. Use the model as-is or modify it to your own conditions.
Calculation Methodology You Can Trust
RISI’s calculation methodology is fixed and transparent. Index Builder generates retroactive Price Indices and Cost Indices based on RISI’s proprietary price assessments and cost benchmarking database. Learn more.Request Demo