North American Lumber Forecast – 5-Year
The forecast provides a comprehensive assessment and long-term outlook for North American lumber markets. Published quarterly, the Forecast covers key concepts like supply, demand, imports/exports and prices.
What you will find in this report:
- Executive Summary – a comprehensive summary of the North American lumber market, including analysis on the state of both the US and Canadian economies, demand indicators, current production costs, and market risks for North American softwood lumber and engineered lumber (I-Joists and LVL).
- Economic Outlook – a detailed analysis and forecast of demand and supply side indicators as well as risks for the economies of both the United States and Canada. Demand side indicators include GDP, consumption, investment, government spending, and international trade. Supply side indicators include demographics, the labor force, productivity, inflation, oil prices, interest rates and the state of the dollar. Comprehensive written analysis is provided alongside supporting data tables.
- Housing & Other Demand Indicators – a thorough examination and forecast of US and Canadian housing markets, incorporating data and analysis on population size and growth, demand (replacement, second home, vacancy, mobile home, and shelter), affordability, production (starts and output), repair and remodeling, industrial and furniture production, and non-residential construction.
- North American Lumber Markets – a comprehensive examination and forecast of the North American lumber markets, including key factors such as: demand, consumption, offshore trade, exports, regional supply, capacity, production, trade sanctions, and prices.
- Engineered Lumber: Wood I-Joists and LVL – a thorough analysis and forecast of the demand, end use markets, derived demand, capacity, production, manufacturing costs and prices for the North American I-Joist and LVL markets.