World Boxboard Study: Asia
Asia has become the world's largest boxboard market, accounting for more than half of global demand. But Asian demand actually fell in 2018, as China's demand declined. Get the latest forecast through 2023, with data and detail unavailable from any other source.
Get 5-year forecasts for the world’s largest boxboard market from the World Boxboard Study: Asia. It provides grade-level demand, supply and trade analysis of the Asian cartonboard market, including:
- Supply/demand forecasts by country/region, with added detail on virgin and recycled boxboard grades not available in other Fastmarkets RISI reports.
- Price forecasts for ivoryboard and coated duplex through 2023.
- Trade flows for total boxboard and by subgrade, with historical detail on sources of imports and destinations of exports, plus projections of future trends.
- Market size and five-year trends for:
o Coated bleached board (CBB)
o Uncoated bleached board (CBU)
o Uncoated recycled and other board (OBR)
o Ivoryboard/clay coated multi-ply (CBV)
o Coated duplex or coated recycled board (CBO)
o Polyethylene coated multi-ply (CBP) including liquid packaging board (LPB)
What makes the World Boxboard Study so valuable for your business?
The World Boxboard Study provides you with data and analytical tools that you can’t get from any other source.
Boxboard grades, unlike containerboard, are not defined and labeled consistently across major global markets. This means that the global outlook for boxboard cannot be determined by simply aggregating regional totals.
Fastmarkets RISI’s World Boxboard Study – previously published in 2012 and 2015 – uses a proprietary global grade classification system to enable comparative analysis across all world markets.
No other research product offers such a holistic perspective of global boxboard markets – supported by the industry’s deepest and most trusted data and analysis.
How is the World Boxboard Study different from other Fastmarkets RISI boxboard-related products?
The World Boxboard Study combines data and analysis from multiple Fastmarkets RISI products into one accessible and digestible report. It also covers more grades and more countries than subscription products. And as noted above, the World Boxboard Study harmonizes product classification to enable direct comparison across countries and regions.
Why is the World Boxboard Study now divided by region?
Based on feedback from clients worldwide, the Fastmarkets RISI packaging team has developed a more detailed and granular analysis than ever before – and also provided you with the option of purchasing a report for the region or regions that matter most to your business – Asia, Europe, or North & South America.
Who uses the World Boxboard Study?
Boxboard Producers Worldwide
- Understand the demand and supply outlook for global boxboard, and how this will affect trade flows for the major boxboard grades.
- Get a global look at the competitive landscape for boxboard by looking at global and regional cash cost analysis for select grades and how this compares with boxboard pricing.
- Understand where new projects are coming from and whether this capacity poses a threat to existing business.
- Understand market sizing, distribution, and major projects coming online that are essential for evaluating an ever more globalized boxboard market.
- Gain a strong grasp of the supply and demand dynamics which are driving the regional and global boxboard markets.
- Detailed subgrade analysis not typically available or regularly provided by Fastmarkets RISI.
- Pricing and cost analysis by select region.
- Understand how demand and supply dynamics will likely affect the pricing environment for various grades of boxboard regionally and worldwide.
- Learn where new capacity will be entering the global marketplace and what grades will see capacity expansions.