World Dissolving Pulp Monitor
Keeping you up-to-date on developments in global dissolving pulp markets!
Over the last decade, global dissolving pulp usage has recovered dramatically with demand reaching nearly 6 million tonnes by 2012. The increased demand encouraged investment in new lines, and paper grade pulp producers to convert existing lines to dissolving pulp. The influx of new capacity led to a large price decrease, underlining a need to regularly monitor the dissolving pulp market and the markets of other commodities that impact it.
RISI’s World Dissolving Pulp Monitor tracks new developments in global dissolving pulp markets on a monthly basis. Each issue examines demand and supply trends for both viscose and hi-alpha grades of dissolving pulp. Announced capacity changes for Viscose Staple Fiber and Dissolving Pulp are also included in table format. World Dissolving Pulp Monitor contains historical proprietary benchmark prices for viscose and hi-alpha pulps, along with cotton prices, and a forecast for the next two years.
Included in the World Dissolving Pulp Monitor:
- Update of recent developments on the demand and supply side of the market
- 2 year forecast of dissolving pulp demand by major world region broken down by viscose and hi-alpha
- Announced capacity additions for viscose staple fiber
- 2 year forecast of dissolving pulp supply by major world region broken down into viscose and hi-alpha pulps
- Announced capacity expansions for dissolving pulp
- Quarterly prices for viscose and hi-alpha pulp prices delivered to China, Germany, and USA with a 2 year forecast of these prices
- Quarterly prices of A-grade cotton, with a 2 year forecast
List of Tables
- Table 1 – Announced Viscose Staple Fiber Capacity Expansions
- Table 2 – Announced Dissolving Pulp Expansions
- Table A1 – World Dissolving Pulp Demand Summary
- Table A2 – World Dissolving Pulp Supply Summary
- Table A3 – World Dissolving Pulp Price Summary