- Uncoated Freesheet: Post-Courtland, IP's UFS share now down to half of Domtar's in North America
- Packaging news briefs: Rank taps bank for possible sale of Evergreen Packaging
- Supplier briefs: Flint Group acquired
- US NBSK price holds flat on supply balance ahead of downtime season; 4-month BHK price decline eases
- UK packaging distributor Macfarlane acquires Network Packaging for £7.5 million
- UPM outsources selected application management services to Tieto
- Nordic Paper invests SEK 30 million at its Bäckhammar mill in Sweden, pulp and paper production capacity to increase by 20,000 tonnes
- Stora Enso wraps up soft calender investment at Kvarnsveden mill in Sweden, to launch new products
After the Great Recession of 2009 and the recovery in 2010, North American tissue supply and demand have been well balanced, and from time to time, the business has been a seller's rather than a buyer's market.
A PPI Special Report
The availability of low-cost biomass at this mill was a key driver for us choosing gasification technology," says Pertti Lehmonen, Metsä Fibre's project manager. "We have a woodyard, but no bark boiler at the Joutseno mill, so we have plenty of wood residuals available."
Graeme Rodden, Mark Rushton, and Sally Cousins
In this its seventh iteration, the RISI Power List welcomes a host of new names to join many familiar faces. Compared with happenings in previous years, it has been relatively quiet for the pulp and paper industry over the past 12 months. .
Helene Casellas, Product Manager, Rosemount Flow, Emerson Process Management
Selecting and installing the right technology for effective flow measurement in mill processes reduces variability enabling improvements in plant performance and productivity. .