Research Analyst, Wood Products
We are looking for an analytical, energetic, creative and self-motivated individual to join our Forecast & Analysis Practice for North American Wood Products. The individual will work with our team of wood products economists and will provide support for research projects covering the North American Wood Products markets, some of which may turn into new products for the company. The individual will assist in running programs, creating presentations, generating tables and charts, maintaining large time series databases and model development.
- Maintain and manage databases
- Coordinate data requirements with data group.
- Execute routines to compile, check, and store data.
- Assist in forecast generation
- Execute routines that compile data for forecast generation.
- Execute routines that release forecasts when they are completed.
- Generate tables and figures for publication.
- Track Non-housing end-use markets.
- Write monthly and quarterly reports on the outlook for non-housing wood end use markets.
- Present outlook for non-housing wood end use markets at RISI annual conference.
- Misc. Tasks
- Manage the annual industry cost survey.
- Assist in generating annual panel capacity report.
- Respond to client data requests.
This position requires:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Strong mathematical/econometric modeling/statistical skills
- Strong presenting, writing, speaking, and overall communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong preference for a Master’s Degree in Economics
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in RISI. RISI, Inc. is an EOE.
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Our clients — 95% of the world’s leading forest products companies, as well as industry suppliers, financial institutions and consumer products companies — use our market data, forecasts and analysis to make better decisions that enable their organizations to grow.
With offices in Boston, Brussels, Atlanta, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and São Paulo, we have a truly international focus. We’re small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of seasoned professionals to learn from – many of whom are recognized as leading authorities in their fields.
We’re a great mix of stability and dynamism. Our oldest product has been published for more than 100 years. On the other hand, one of our keys to success is that we use information technology aggressively to fundamentally improve the value of our information to our customers. We’re in growth mode. Thirty percent of our sales come from outside North America, and we’re looking for that percentage to grow.
Our size: With 150 employees, we’re small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of people from whom to learn. We are looking for talented, dedicated people who can help us continue to build on our long-term success while remaining entrepreneurial and responsive to our customers.