- All RISI publications and websites are copyrighted.
- You may not share your user name and password.
- You can copy or email a single story or article occasionally, but doing so regularly is a violation of copyright that may subject you to fines.
RISI content is copyrighted
All RISI publications and websites are copyrighted. As such, copying or other redistribution of content from these sources in whole or in part violates the law in virtually every country around the world. Such violations may subject you to fines for each violation, and these fines can quickly reach levels of US$100,000 or more.
- The Berne and Universal Copyright Conventions provide copyright protection and sanctions for violations around the world. Relevant U.S. law is the Federal Copyright Act (section 17 USC 504 et seq.).
Illegal copying includes sharing of online access or regular printing of multiple copies, photocopying, faxing or other redistribution without permission.
What is and is not permitted
All copyrighted publications are governed by the doctrine of "fair use" that allows copying in limited circumstances. That means...
- Copy or email on an occasional basis a single story or article and send it to a colleague
- Route a single copy of a printed newsletter or report to colleagues
- Print out a single copy of online content and route it to colleagues
You may not:
- Share your username and password with a colleague
- Put a newsletter or online content on your network, unless licensed to do so
- Republish or repackage content from newsletters, reports or websites
- Copy or email an entire issue of a newsletter or report
- Routinely copy and distribute portions of a newsletter, report or online content, specifically including price or forecast information
Please note that to ensure protection of its copyrighted content, RISI reserves the right to require minimum levels of subscription from a given company based on its size and sector.
You may not use any RISI price index data included in the RISI Information, or any RISI trade names, trademarks, service marks associated with any such index (whether registered or unregistered), in connection with the trading, clearing or settlement of physical commodity contracts, futures contracts, forwards, options or financial instruments of any kind, unless expressly authorized through a commercial-use licensing agreement.
Users may not provide false or deceptive registration information, e.g. name, company, address, email, etc. Provision of such false information is grounds for immediate cancellation of your subscription without refund.
Termination of access
RISI reserves the right to terminate the subscription of any user at any time for any reason.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Although RISI shall use its best efforts to provide accurate and reliable services under its agreements, RISI does not warrant the accuracy or adequacy thereof. RISI makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the results to be obtained from the use of its services and makes no warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. RISI supplies all services on an "as is" basis. If notified of an error in its services, RISI shall take reasonable steps to correct such error. The foregoing disclaimer shall not diminish any rights of the subscriber with respect to any warranties provided by third-party suppliers or licensors of local software, local hardware and ancillary services. RISI does not warrant that the operations of the risi.com service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
For clarification on what is or is not acceptable use of RISI content, please contact your sales representative or email us.